ZERO WASTE HUMMUS RECIPE
This is my fav recipe because it’s so easy & you can feel good about not buying plastic! What you need:
- 1 cup of dried chick peas- soaked & boiled (or you can use a can if you don’t have enough time)
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- How to cook dried chick peas on a stove top:
- Soak 1/2 cup of dried chickpeas for 12 hours.
- Drain, rinse, and add to a pot. Cover by a few inches with water, and add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook at a simmer until tender, about 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- generous amount of olive oil (so it’s easy to blend you can add more as you go)
- seasoning powder: curry and chilli as much as you like!
- lemon juice ( I use about a half a lemon )
- salt 1-2 tsp
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic (depends how much you like it)
- Blend everything in a blender, until texture is puréed
- Use a spatula to remove as much as you can!
- Cover with bees wax when you’re done and store in fridge for 3-4 day!